Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Sharing...

My friends Jodi and Jess inquired about Meatloaf Muffins, so I thought I'd share the recipe. I've only made these once before and they are one of those things that you make the first time by following the recipe and then revise to your likin'. Unfortunately, I can't give due credit for this recipe, because I don't remember where I found it, maybe on the Weight Watchers site!

Original Recipe is a follows:

1lb. of lean ground beef
1 box of Stovetop Stuffing
1 cup water
2 egg whites
1 tsp A-1 or other sauce

Mix all the ingredients together. Spray a 12 muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Divide meat evenly. Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes.

Just a side note: the first time I made these I used the cornbread Stovetop Stuffing and the muffins were a little bland. This time I'm going to try the Savory Herb in hopes that it will add some extra flavor.

I'll report tomorrow on how this version works out. If you've tried these or make them often give me your secrets.

For those of you counting point these are only 2 points per muffin and well worth your 2 points.

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Hello,

I found your blog thru Lyndy's!

This recipe sounds great!! I will be trying that one this week.

Way to go on your diet and keep up the great work!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe! These sounds like fun for the kids...too bad my picky ones don't eat meatloaf! Ha!

Lyndy said...

Thanks for the recipe. It sounds just yummy.

Keep up the great work on your diet.

Lyndy

Deedra said...

This recipe sounds great! I'll have to give it a try!

Michele said...

My sister-in-law makes these a lot. She got the receipe from WW and really likes it.