Thursday, June 21, 2007

Friday Already?!?

Oh my goodness, where did the week go? I'm sorry I've not posted this week, but I've been busy at night getting my chores done. Wow, make a list and I feel totally guilty when the items aren't marked off on their respective day. And I'm not talking about tasks of epic proportion, I'm talking, put away laundry, sweep floors, wash 2 loads of laundry, but with a list I can see all of the little things that need to be taken care of. So, my house is a little cleaner - but I must tell everyone that Jay did a large part of the cleaning. He was off from work on Monday and did tons of stuff, he got the oil changed in my car, got new tires put on my car, painted the window seals on the back of our house, washed, folded and PUT AWAY 3 or 4 loads of laundry, swept the floors in the "main" part of the house and cleaned the toilet in the guest bathroom and if that wasn't enough, he'd had a shower and was dressed and ready to head out the door for his belated b-day dinner with his parents all by 5pm. He totally gets the Hubby of the week award. Way to go Honey and a great big Thank You!! :)



Along with my chores, I've done well this week with sticking to my menu plan and exercise schedule. We've only been to the gym once, but it was the best and longest workout I've done, umm, probably since we joined... in February... I'm struggling with my water again, my goal was to drink 48 ozs. per day, and I've only been getting about 40, but I'm trying not to get discouraged, I'm just keepin' on keepin' on, as the saying goes.



I'm a little ahead for next week, I've already planned our menu for next week, because I needed to go the the grocery store, on Thursday, to pick up a few thing that I needed for 2 dishes that I'm cooking for work and thought I might as well go ahead and make this my weekly shopping trip. I've found that if I make a menu, buy only the things needed for those meals and a few healthy snacks, it does 2 things: 1. it cuts down on the grocery bill and 2. it makes me stick to the menu, which in turn makes me stick to my diet... I'm finally getting it, slowly by surely!!

This weekend looks to be quiet. This Saturday is Jay's Saturday to work and we have no Saturday evening plans, yay!!! Then it's Sunday as usual, church (oh, nursery "duty" - that's always fun), lunch, loonngg NAP (to recover from nursery), back to church, out to dinner and bedtime!!

Hope you all have a great weekend, I think it's going to be a scorcher here...

1 comment:

Deedra said...

Hi Michelle! I am so glad you decided to de-lurk on my blog! I am also very excited to have you join me in my Friday Challenge! I wish you and your husband the very best in "trying" to conceive! I know the wait can be so very frustrating, and I know that my husband definatly got tired of the whole process...(imagine that?)..I got sick of it too, I'd given myself shots in the stomach (fertility drugs) until I was ready to give up completely....then, guess what? yeah, pregnant!...and after 2 miscarriages it was a scary thing, but completely worth it! Hang in there you guys! It's sooooo worth the wait! I promise! And I think it makes a parent appreciate being a parent more during the times when it isn't so easy!...(sorry, I think this is my longest ever comment!)