Friday, June 8, 2007

Cereal Review and More!!

I promised you a review of “the new cereal”. So here it is: Jodi suggested that I try the new Strawberry Frosted Mini Wheats, well I must say I was a little apprehensive, but I bought it anyway. I knew I was doomed when Jay was excited that we were getting that kind, because he “really likes Frosted Mini Wheats” this means it did not really matter if I liked it or not, I might get 2 servings and then the box would be empty, but I digress… So, anyway back to the cereal – I was not brave enough to try it Thursday, however, I did try 1 biscuit “dry” this morning. It was OK, but I still was not sure that I wanted to waste my milk on them. I decided to check out the serving size and point value before I made my final decision. Well, good news, 24 biscuits are only 3 points. WOW!!! That’s a lot for only a few points. So that I could give you the review that you deserved, this is what I did (seeing as I was running late and did not really have time to sit down and eat a whole bowl of cereal anyway) I took a 1 point Strawberry yogurt cups and added 1 tablespoon of Lite Cool Whip (that's another story/trick for another day, remind me) and 6 crushed Strawberry Frosted Mini Wheats and taa daa, breakfast on the go for a mere 2 points. I also had chocolate milk, for another 2 points (1 package of Lite/Low Calorie Carnation Instant Breakfast mixed in 1 ½ cups of milk – the package only calls for 1 cup, but I like it better with more milk). And how crazy is it that it’s now 11:15 and I’m not hungry?!?! Usually I can have a bowl of cereal or 2 waffles with my chocolate milk and I’m starving by 10:00. All that said: I’m not sure if I’ll ever acquire a taste for the Mini Wheats alone, but they make a great addition to yogurt. So, thanks Jodi for the suggestion, it was a good one!!!

In other accomplishments:
I drank ALL 48 ozs. of water yesterday, YAY!!!! We went to the gym last night and I walked 2 miles on the treadmill in about 35 minutes. YAY!!!! And, I’ve finished 1 bottle of water for today, only 2 to go (NO “YAY”, yet).

I’ll check back in late Sunday when we return from the in-laws. Wish me well with my food choices over the weekend and a weekend with the in-laws!! :)

Also, on Sunday I’ll do the Restaurant MeMe that I was tagged with. (I know you are on the edge of your seat waiting, right?!?)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, we can be the non-eaters together. I'm down about a pound from last week but I'm worried about this weekend (birthday cake, my grandmother's cooking, etc.) Plus the stress of everything...I'm looking forward to seeing you guys though!!!

Anonymous said...

Not "brave" enough to try Frosted Mini Wheats??? What in the world??? They aren't armed! :)

And just so you know, they are gross dry. Yuck! Trust me and put a litte milk on them. But not too much or they get soggy and again...gross.

There is an art to eating Frosted Mini Wheats. Just ask Jay...

The Henderson's said...

Yeah, there NOT many left... He's had them for breakfast the last 2 mornings. He NEVER eats cereal for breakfast... :)

Michele said...

test

Michele said...

Michelle, I have been trying to comment for about a week on your blog but it wasn't going through so now I see that it is. Thanks for visiting my blog and for your comments. You're doing a great job with your blog. Much better than me!

By the way, I LOVE Raison Bran, 1 cup-3 points, topped with strawberries. It's great!

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.